Congratulations on your purchase of your UPF Protective Sun gear! With proper care, your items should last you through several seasons of use. To best preserve the quality of your products, we highly recommend the following care instructions:
Washing your UPF Outdoor Gear
- Wash your Cook Supply Co. tee as soon as possible after they've been worn. If for whatever reason you cannot wash your garment(s) right away, a rinse in cool water is better than no rinse at all.
- When you are able, machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle with a mild soap/detergent. Aggressive or even standard wash cycles can damage your gear, leaving it stretched out, or otherwise ill-fitting.
- Do not wring out your garment, but instead lay it flat to dry out of direct sunlight. To speed up the drying process, roll your garment in a dry, clean towel, pressing down gently to absorb excess water.
- Do not bleach, dry clean, or iron your garment.
- Remove sand grains by shaking your garment outside. Be sure to turn it inside out and gently brush with your hand to remove hidden sand particles. After removing what you can this way, rinse your garment in cool water and lay it flat to dry. Once dry (usually 24-48 hours later depending on the garment), it should be easier to brush off any remaining sand. If stubborn pieces are still present, we recommend as a "last resort" to gently stretch the fabric and attempt to "tap" the sand out.
Avoid sitting on or rubbing against rough surfaces, such as concrete and swimming pool decks, as these surfaces can snag the material of your garment. If you need to sit, lay a towel or blanket down, or an article of clothing that you aren't worried about snagging.
Keep in mind, excessive heat and high chlorine levels can breakdown the fibers of your garment, even in chlorine resistant fabrics. To minimize fabric damage and color loss, avoid extended periods in hot tubs, or dedicate a less valuable suit you aren't as concerned with damaging for such activities.
Apply any sunscreens, lotions, and deodorants 15-25 minutes prior to putting on your gear to avoid staining or discoloration of the fabric.
These care instructions apply to the majority of our sun/UPF products.